[FWTools] Problems with openev suse 9.0

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 09:35:48 EST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:10:43 +0100, José Vicente Higón Valero
<higon_jos at gva.es> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have compiled mapserver an gdal in suse 9.0.I've got a error trying
> to read a layer which data source is an image ECW with 17Gb. The client
> WMS is gvSIG and the error:
>
> "msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer
> named'ortofotos'.An error has occurred: Error 48 "Could not perform
> Read/Write onGDALRasterIO() failed: drawGDAL(): Unable to access file.
> GDALRasterIO() failed: drawGDAL()"

Jose,

What version of GDAL is this using?  The ECW driver has gone
through a large number of changes in recent months.

The problem might be due to the size of the file.  I would encourage
you to file a GDAL bug.  Please include the port/gdal_config.h
file in the bug report as the problem may be due to the "large file
support" not having been configured in successfully.

> If the data source is an image with a few mb, I haven't got any problem.
> I would like to repeat this problem with FWtools-0.9.6, I want to read
> this large file with it (openev) but a error happen:
>
> "openev: line 25:  5338 Instrucción ilegal
> ${OPENEV_HOME}/pymod/openev.py "$@" "
>
> as a matter of fact I can't read any image with openev.

Should I take this to mean you can't get OpenEV to open even
without an image?  Or does OpenEV crash when you try to
open an image?