[FWTools] Shp2img segfault on FWTools 1.0.0a6

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri Nov 11 20:54:07 EST 2005

Folks -

I'm scratching my head over this one.  I'm setting up a new test system
and have installed FWTools on it.  With an Apache front-end, the mapserv
CGI works just fine for a simple test, rendering a portion of a GeoTIFF
image.  I'm interested in doing some lightweight profiling with shp2img,
but I cannot get it to work.  I have reduced my mapfile to this:

Size            400 300
Extent          657052.39 3617276.11 659084.39 3618800.1
Layer
        Name    DRG
        Type    Raster
        Status  Default
        Data    test.tif
End
End

When I run shp2img on it, I get:

[Fri Nov 11 20:51:08 2005].807883 msDrawRasterLayerLow(DRG): entering.
Segmentation fault

The original mapfile has a TILEINDEX in it, and when I use that I get
shp2img hanging with 100% CPU usage.  I'm very puzzled since this setup
works fine with the mapserv binary from the same distribution.  Any
ideas would be appreciated!

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker