[FWTools] gdal_merge.bat

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 17 09:18:53 EST 2005

On 11/17/05, sydney Dias <odsydney at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i need generate the mosaic of multipls images... (all
> *.tif or *.jpg)
>
> the name of files is >>>
> A1.tif,A2.tif,A3.tif,A4.tif,...
>
> i use the gdal_merge.bat!
>
> in prompt DOS >>> gdal_merge.bat -o mosaico -of GTiff
> (???)
>
> in(???) i use various types... :-) but is not
> correct...

Sydney,

It isn't clear to me what you have tried, and how it failed.
Perhaps you could explain.  You should be able to do something
like:

gdal_merge.bat -o mosaico -of GTiff A1.tif A2.tif A3.tif A4.tif

Unfortunately, the DOS command shell does not do wildcard
expanation so you need to list all the input files.