[FWTools] gdal_merge.bat

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Nov 17 15:14:42 EST 2005

> It isn't clear to me what you have tried, and how it failed.
> Perhaps you could explain.  You should be able to do something
> like:
>
> gdal_merge.bat -o mosaico -of GTiff A1.tif A2.tif A3.tif A4.tif
>
> Unfortunately, the DOS command shell does not do wildcard
> expanation so you need to list all the input files.

The lack of wildcard expansion is indeed a pain. There is a workaround
but you have to create a batch file to use it. An example is attached
(remove the .txt extension). The important bit is:

    setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
    set infiles=
    for %%a in (d:\src\*.tif) do set infiles=!infiles! %%a
    call gdal_merge -o outfile.tif %infiles%

Frank: an easier solution for end users would be to add a feature to use
a text file as the input list. E.g:

    gdal_merge -o merged.tif @filelist.txt

cheers,

--