[FWTools] FWtools on Linux FC4

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 5 21:37:21 EDT 2006

Jeremy Sears wrote:
> Hi All,
> Im having troubles with permissions while trying to run mapserver on my
> system.I've posted the error log below. Im assuming that I should open
> access to the file "fwtools_env.sh". Im wondering if permission can be
> granted to everyone or just to apache? Are there any security issues
> raised by granting access to all?
> thanks

Jeremy,

I am not sure exactly what permissions problems you are running into,
but it should be enough to give the web user read and execute permissions
on the FWTools tree.  My normal test sequence is to "install" FWTools
as one user, and then test it from my guest account with no special
priveledges so that I know I am testing it in a clean environment.