[FWTools] struggling to import

Isabel Sargent Isabel.Sargent at ordnancesurvey.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 08:23:15 EST 2006

I've downloaded and installed FWTools1.0.0a7 for Windows (and retried it several times) but don't seem to be able to import elements of it into my Python code.

When I try the command

import gdal

, an error occurs at the line

import _gdal

"ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found."

Python is therefore finding gdal.py but not _gdap.dll which is in the same folder (and the folder is in sys.path).

I'm completely flummoxed, can anyone suggest where I am going wrong, please?
.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU