[FWTools] Python.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 16 20:04:08 EDT 2006

John Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded and installed both the FWTools100.exe from
> _http://fwtools.maptools.org/_ as well as the upgrade FWTools100.exe
> listed in an archived email.  In both cases when I fired off the program
> OpenEV_FW I got the following system error box entitled: "Python.exe -
> Entry Point Not Found" with the message "The procedure entry point
> free_defaults could not be located in the dynamic link library
> LIBMYSQL.dll."
>
> Please let me know if there is a fix for this.  Is this a pathing problem?

John,

I haven't run into this problem before.  I suspect that you have an older
(or perhaps newer?) libmysql.dll in your windows\system32 directory and
it is taking precidence over the one distributed in the FWTools directory.
You could try moving/renaming the system libmysql.dll though you might
be wary of possible effects on other mysql software.

Despite substantial effort, I'm finding it hard to protect FWTools from
alternate versions of DLLs in the system directory.  Very frustrating!