[FWTools] fwtools fusion

Ed Ashton stcauction at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 10:09:14 EDT 2006

I was hoping someone on this list could help me out with a problem.  I've
recently started using EVOpen to work with some IKONOS imagery I have.  I am
trying to fuse a compiled VRT RGB file with the pancromatic using Mario
Beauchamp's fusion tool.  Everytime I try I get "Could not open necessary
files."  I went into the python and the error is thrown from this segment of
code:

            if panDS is None or fu.rgbds is None or outDS is None:
                gvutils.error("Could not open necessary files.")
                progress.destroy()
                return FALSE

Now I rewrote this so  I could tell which component is failing and it comes
out that all of them are being returned as None.  My python isn't good
enough to error check much better than this.  Have any of you ever seen this
error message and/or what would cause these variables to return None?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed Ashton