[FWTools] Re: Problem using option t_srs with FWTools 1.0.7 and above (Windows)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 20 23:36:45 EST 2006

Eduardo Luís Garcia Escovar wrote:
> Eduardo Luís Garcia Escovar escreveu:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have been using FWTools (Windows version) since version 1.0.0.
>> It used to work fine, but then I upgraded to the 1.0.7 version and
>> since then the option "-t_srs" is not working properly.
>> Today I have upgraded to version 1.0.9, but the problem is still there.
>>
>> I am importing a TAB file to PostGIS, and I want to transform the
>> output SRS to EPSG:4326. Instead, ogr2ogr is creating a "new" SRS
>> 32767 in PostGIS (this new SRS has identical properties compared to
>> 4326).
>>
>> Have anyone experienced the same problem?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eduardo
>>
> Please,
>
> Can someone help me?

Eduardo,

Did I never respond to this?  I prepared an email about how this relates
to a recent fix in the postgis driver.

On further consideration, there are several functionaly equivelent
ways of defining EPSG 4326 and it seems likely that you are getting
text that is slightly different, and thus ogr2ogr is creating a new
SRID.

If you capture the WKT column of the spatial_ref_sys table, and save
it to a file name srid_4326.prj and then use "-t_srs srid_4326.prj"
it should ensure the standard srid gets used.