[FWTools] ogr2ogr with MySQL

Frances Collier fcollier at preparedresponse.com
Thu Oct 12 12:01:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to import shape file data into a MySQL database using ogr2ogr. I
am running on a Windows Server 2003 Standard. When I try to run my
statement, I get this error: "MySQL driver does not support data source
creation."  I checked the dlls in the FWTools 1.0.5 bin directory and have
libmysql.dll there. I've googled, and searched through the forums, but
haven't found anything pertaining to this problem. Here's the actual
statement I'm trying to run: "ogr2ogr -f MySQL
MySQL:test,user=xxx,password=xxx,port=3306 D:\CountyPopulation\countPop.shp
-nln countypop -lco PRECISION=NO"

Please help!

Frances Collier
Lead Dev. New Products
Prepared Response, Inc.
 <http://www.preparedresponse.com> www.preparedresponse.com

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Prepared Response, Inc. immediately at (206)
223-5544 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.