[FWTools] install mapserver from FWtools for linux

Peter Shrock thesl at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 23:15:58 EDT 2007

Dear Frank:

I have written quite a few seeking-help emails in order to figure a solution,
but no luck.

What I would like to do is to start from your fwtools, ask a firend of mine to
run your install script on a Linux machine, zip the whole folder (i believe it
has a new bin_safe folder) ad send to me.

I will then upload the zip file to my directory, follow your previosu response
to me and your response to
Chris(http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/fwtools/2005-March/000051.html), use
a script to run mapserver cgi app.

I hope that the things is this straightfoward if I use your FWtools package for
my situation.

I will then ask my friend to post the files and instructions to a web site for
other to download. I believe quite a few people will need this approach,
especially in a commercial hosting environment.

Your comments will be highly appreciated.

Peter