[FWTools] adding python extension

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 14 15:52:12 EST 2007

Martel, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use fwtool 1.1.3 on windows and I want to add the pywin32 extension. I
> downloaded the pywin32 file for python 2.3 since fwtools uses this
> version. When I run the installer, it says that python 2.3 was not found
> in the registry.
> How can I install a python extension with fwtools ?

Christian,

FWTools does not update system paths, the registry, or install anything
in central locations like C:\windows\system32.  It avoids this deliberately
to avoid conflicts with other packages.

The downside is that some sorts of stuff, such as extension installers
knowing where python lives may not work.  I don't know a way to fix that.