[FWTools] adding python extension

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Feb 14 18:22:44 EST 2007

>> I use fwtool 1.1.3 on windows and I want to add the pywin32 extension. I
>> downloaded the pywin32 file for python 2.3 since fwtools uses this
>> version. When I run the installer, it says that python 2.3 was not found
>> in the registry. How can I install a python extension with fwtools ?

If you don't have any other python installations to worry about running
over, you might try this script which attempts to register python:
http://effbot.org/zone/python-register.htm
(run the script from within the fwtools shell).

Another thing to try would be to hand edit the registry and add
something like the attached (exported from my registry), but changed to
follow your fwtools install.

cheers,

--
matt wilkie