[FWTools] Converting a black border to transparent in geotifs

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Feb 14 19:17:47 EST 2007

Hey Simon,

I've not tried to use gdal with 2.4 at all. It is a fairly frequent
question so I'm sure a gdal or fwtools with 2.4 would be well recieved.
Someone needs to step forward to do the work though. The main developers
appear to have other interests closer to their hearts so I don't see it
coming in the near future without a champion volunteer (or some funding
I suppose).

> I also like the idea of everything and the kitchen sink installations
> but wonder if Enthought will release sufficiently regularly to be
> useful.

There is a ticket for a 2.5 release due Feb 21st
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/milestone/Python%20Enthought%20Edition%202.5.0

fwtools has a frequent release cycle, sometimes more than once a month.
There would likely need to be a different mechanism than an .exe
installer to keep the two in synch (assuming one wants to stay current
with gdal more than enthought).

> At the moment there is only the 1 Enthon release from before the
> scipy conference and I could not find a subversion version.

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/wiki/GrabbingAndBuilding

cheers,
--
matt wilkie