[FWTools] NADCON error

Newman, Michael MNewman at TRCSOLUTIONS.com
Tue Jan 9 11:17:40 EST 2007

Regarding my NADCON error:

Upon further investigation, I found out it wasn't a version dependent
bug.

The cs2cs program will work properly when used in the FWTools Shell
because the PROJ_LIB environment variable gets properly set.

When not in the Fwtools shell:

I was getting issues from qgis version 0.8:

C:\MIKELO~1>echo %PROJ_LIB%

C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS\proj_lib

But the fwtools shell properly sets it to:

C:\Program Files\FWTools1.1.3>echo %PROJ_LIB%

C:\PROGRA~1\FWTOOL~1.3\proj_lib

The program then handles the NAD83 to NAD27 conversion (described below)
correctly.

I manually set the PROJ_LIB variable correctly so when I use it outside
the fwtools shell it works correctly. User beware, some other programs
(like VTBuilder from the Virtual Terrain Project) also use the PROJ_LIB
environment variable.

Frank, it would be helpful if the FW environmental variables used a
unique prefix like "FW_" if possible.

-Mike

  _____