[FWTools] NADCON error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 9 11:42:15 EST 2007

Newman, Michael wrote:
> Regarding my NADCON error:
>

> Upon further investigation, I found out it wasn’t a version dependent bug.
>

> The cs2cs program will work properly when used in the FWTools Shell
> because the PROJ_LIB environment variable gets properly set.

Mike,

Whew, that makes sense.

> Frank, it would be helpful if the FW environmental variables used a
> unique prefix like “FW_” if possible.

I"m afraid that would be hard to implement.

I do think that FWTools, PROJ, QGIS and VTBuilder can also use the same
projections support directory via PROJ_LIB, but if so it should include all
the support files.  Many applications (perhaps VTBuilder and QGIS?) ship
without the datum shift files, or may have older versions of lookup files
like "epsg".