[FWTools] rgb2pct

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 10:03:14 EST 2007

Javier César Aldariz wrote:
> Hello dear members:
>
> On Windows XP (FWTools_1.2.3), when I try rcb2pct:
>
>  >rgb2pct relevo_rf.tif relevo_256.tif
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\ARCHIV~1\FWTOOL~1.3\bin\rgb2pct.py", line 50, in ?
>     import gdal
>   File "C:\ARCHIV~1\FWTOOL~1.3\pymod\gdal.py", line 191, in ?
>     import _gdal
> ImportError: DLL load failed: No se encontro el proceso especificado.
>
> (Didn't find specified process)

Javier,

As mentioned, this is likely because directly invoking the .py file
results in your system python rather than the fwtools python being
used.  Using the .bat filename specifically should fix this.

> At the same time, a text dialog appears with the text (translated from
> spanish into english):
>
> Python.exe
>
> Don't find the starting point of the process

> ?getMetadata at LTIImage@LizardTech@@QBEABVLTIMetadataDatabase at 2 @XZ
>
> in the dinamic links library lti_dsdk_dll.dll

This is unfortunately quite a common problem and is caused by your having
an older version of the MrSID DLLs in C:\windows\system32.  While a bit
risky, you might copy all lti_*.dll files from your FWTools\bin directory
to C:\windows\system32.