[FWTools] No module named _gdal error with ver 1.3.1

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:08:24 EDT 2007

On 31/05/07, ecollage at gmail.com <ecollage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just downloaded the latest version (1.3.1) but when I use the shell to
> execute any .py file command (gdal_merge.py or gcps2vec.py for instance) I
> get an ImportError: no module named _gdal.
>
> Pls. help!
>
> Sujoy

Sujoy,
Are you running fwtools on windows or linux.  I think I had this same
issue on linux but fixed it by setting my PATH to the FWTools bin_safe
directory
PATH=/path/to/FWTool/bin_safe:$PATH
if you are running windows you have to run the gdal_merge.bat commands

Travis
--
Travis K.

Toronto, Canada