[FWTools] No module named _gdal error with ver 1.3.1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 31 12:50:49 EDT 2007

Sujoy,

Running .py files directly will only work if Python
has been installed on your system (not counting the python
in fwtools which isn't really properly installed).  So I
suspect after 1.0.4a I switched to a new python version which
doesn't match what you have on your system.

If you don't want to use the .bat file covers for .py scripts,
you can run them as an argument to the python command as long as
you work in the FWTools shell (so you get the fwtools python).

eg.

python pymod\rgb2pct.py

Best regards,