[FWTools] OpeNDAP and GDAL - I am going brain dead

Michael Sumner mdsumner at utas.edu.au
Thu Nov 15 14:42:55 EST 2007

Hello,

> The FWTools build for linux should have working DODS support.  For Roy's
> server I suggested the following URL to pass to GDAL.
>
> http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov:8081/thredds/dodsC/satellite/AG/ssta/mday?AGssta[3][0][-y][x]

Well heck, I had no idea. That works fine, even with the geotransform
(!). Thank you so much.

Now to build rgdal on Linux.

Any thoughts on the feasibility of building the drivers for DODS on
Windows? I could garner some support to help make that happen, but I
just haven't found any useful guidelines.
Would it have to be done with Cygwin?  Any possibility without Cygwin?

Cheers, Mike.