[FWTools] OpeNDAP and GDAL - I am going brain dead

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 15 15:21:14 EST 2007

Michael Sumner wrote:
> Hello,
>>
>> The FWTools build for linux should have working DODS support.  For Roy's
>> server I suggested the following URL to pass to GDAL.
>>
>> http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov:8081/thredds/dodsC/satellite/AG/ssta/mday?AGssta[3][0][-y][x]
>>

> Well heck, I had no idea. That works fine, even with the geotransform
> (!). Thank you so much.
>
> Now to build rgdal on Linux.
> Any thoughts on the feasibility of building the drivers for DODS on
> Windows? I could garner some support to help make that happen, but I
> just haven't found any useful guidelines.
> Would it have to be done with Cygwin?  Any possibility without Cygwin?

Mike,

I've always been a bit afraid of trying to build the OPeNDAP libraries
myself on windows but then I also never tried.

I look on:

   http://www.opendap.org/download/libdap++.html#3.7.9

and it seems to indicate their are windows binaries for the SDK
but somehow I'm too dense to find an actual link to the binaries.
If there was an SDK binary available for Win32 for Visual Studio 2003
(aka vc7.1) then it would be pretty easy for me to incorporate into
FWTools for windows.