[FWTools] fwtools v2.0.1 crashes on .rrd

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Nov 29 18:21:44 EST 2007

> I've fixed the problem triggering a crash.  It relates to some recent
> changes
> in 1.5.  But even with that fixed I still get errors like:
>
> ERROR 1: rrd-crash.tif:LZWDecode: Corrupted LZW table at scanline 0
> ERROR 1: TIFFReadEncodedStrip() failed.
>
> Do you have any reason to suspect these TIFF files might be corrupt
> in some fashion?

I've no reason to suspect any problems. They open fine with xnview,
photoshop and arcmap.

I just experienced a similar crash with gdaladdo on an image an .aux
file but no .rrd by running the test-case.bat from
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1980 (skipping the first
gdal_translate command).

--
matt wilkie