[FWTools] fwtools v2.0.1 crashes on .rrd

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 29 17:53:35 EST 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
> I just installed 2.0.1 for windows and when I try to read certain tiff
> images with either gdalinfo or gdal_translate (haven't tried any other
> utilities) it crashes and offers to send info Microsoft. Fwtools 1.4.2
> on the same images has no difficulty.
>
> The problem images have .rrd auxillary overview files created by ArcGIS
> 9.2. If I move/rename the .rrd then 2.0.1 has no problem reading or
> translating the tiffs.
>
> A sample dataset can be fetched from
> ftp://ftp.geomaticsyukon.ca/Users/matt/fwtools2.0.1_rrd_crash.zip (1mb)

Matt,

I've fixed the problem triggering a crash.  It relates to some recent changes
in 1.5.  But even with that fixed I still get errors like:

ERROR 1: rrd-crash.tif:LZWDecode: Corrupted LZW table at scanline 0
ERROR 1: TIFFReadEncodedStrip() failed.

Do you have any reason to suspect these TIFF files might be corrupt
in some fashion?