[FWTools] fwtools v2.0.1 crashes on .rrd

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Nov 29 17:20:21 EST 2007

I just installed 2.0.1 for windows and when I try to read certain tiff
images with either gdalinfo or gdal_translate (haven't tried any other
utilities) it crashes and offers to send info Microsoft. Fwtools 1.4.2
on the same images has no difficulty.

The problem images have .rrd auxillary overview files created by ArcGIS
9.2. If I move/rename the .rrd then 2.0.1 has no problem reading or
translating the tiffs.

A sample dataset can be fetched from
ftp://ftp.geomaticsyukon.ca/Users/matt/fwtools2.0.1_rrd_crash.zip (1mb)

--
matt wilkie
Geographic Information,