[FWTools] Re: error with ArcSDE plugin

Dav Stott d.stott at csl.gov.uk
Tue Oct 23 08:54:49 EDT 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
> Howard Butler wrote:
> > The dll that is being distributed with 1.3.9 is grossly out of sync.
> > Here's are new ones  linked against 1.3.9... (You'll need to manually
> > rename it to be gdal_SDE.dll, depending on the version of ArcSDE you're
> > using)
>
> thanks Howard!
>
> I've added your note to http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FWTools
>
> cheers,
>
> -matt

Matt, Howard,

Thanks for the gdal_SDE.dll that works with fwtools after 1.3.6 and the pointer
to it from the wiki, very much appreciated.

It works great with raster layers stored in SDE which have raster columns
named 'RASTER', but according to http://www.gdal.org/frmt_sde.html, it should
be easy enough to specify a different column name, such as 'IMAGE'.

When I try adding another argument to gdalinfo, something like:

gdalinfo sde:mySdeServer,5151,rasterDb,user,pass,rasterDb.user.myLayer,image

I get the following error message:

"ERROR 4: SDE connect string had wrong number of arguments.
Expected 'SDE:server,instance,database,username,password,layer'
The layer name value is optional."

Have I missed a trick, or is a spot of bug hunting in order?

Thanks,

Dav

Dav Stott                       Phone: +44 (0)1904 462137
Systems Development Engineer    GTN:   5129 2137
Information Systems Team
Central Science Laboratory      Fax:   +44 (0)1904 462111
Sand Hutton                     Email: d.stott at csl.gov.uk
York YO41 1LZ, UK               WWW:   http://www.csl.gov.uk/