[FWTools] FWTools 1.4.1 Released for Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 25 17:57:33 EDT 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
>> I have produced a new release of FWTools for windows (1.4.1).
>
> thanks Frank
>
>> This fixes a nasty bug with jpeg compressed tiff files, and catches up
>> on other fixes.  It should also include the updated SDE plugin mentioned
>> recently.
>
> I still get an error:
>
>  gdalinfo --version
> ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:

Matt,

Doh!  I screwed up the overlay of the SDE DLL and now I see there are
actually two versions anyways.  So, in the interest of avoiding these
problems I've removed the SDE option from FWTools.  End users can still
add SDE plugins from Howard as described in the Trac wiki, and I have
updated that topic a bit to reflect the current state.