[FWTools] gdal_merge for 174 images :realy impossible ?

cocro coc.audiar at free.fr
Mon Oct 29 11:07:41 EDT 2007

Hello,

I wish to aggregate 174 georeferences jpg images of 10 Mb each there only
one image.
I launched the command gdal_merge on my directory but I do not obtain the
expected result
I made out a will with three iamges, formulae of aggregation and it works.
( Gdal_merge-o MesDalles.jpg co TFW=YES dalle1.jpg dalle2.jpg dalle3.jpg)

Gdal_merge is it limited in numbers of images in entrance and\or in sizes
images? Is it limited for embellish with images it destination?

How may I resolve my problem?
Then, I have to cut my image result according to the outlines of my 64
polygons (shape)

Thanks for your help
Corinne