[FWTools] Warning 1: Lost metadata writing to GeoTIFF ....

Lee Keel lee.keel at uai.com
Thu Sep 27 11:28:37 EDT 2007

Hello List.

I am trying to tile a MrSid file and during the gdal_translate call, I am
getting a warning "Input file size is 42600, 42053 Warning 1: Lost metadata
writing to GeoTIFF  ...  too large to fit in tag.".  After that, the tiff
file is created and does seem to be ok, but I just wanted to run this by the
group and make sure no one has seen any problems with this.

My exact command line is:
gdal_translate -of GTiff -a_srs EPSG:2236 --config GDAL_CACHEMAX 999
--config GDAL_FORCE_CACHING YES -co "TILED=YES"  file.sid  file_0.tif
-srcwin 0 31554 1775 1752

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have about this.
Lee Keel

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.