[FWTools] RE: Using GDAL to process embedded JPEG2000 images within a NITF file

Jeff McKenna jeffmckenna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:02:32 EDT 2008

A few days ago I switched to MSVC 2005 Express and was forced to
rebuild libecw as you did Debbie.  I took notes of the walls I hit,
and the only thing I can add to your notes is where to grab the image
compression SDK (libecw) from:

- download "Image Compression SDK Source Code 3.3" from ermapper.com
   (http://www.ermapper.com/ProductView.aspx?t=131)

- open the Visual Studio project file: /libecwj2-3.3/Source/
NCSBuildQmake/libecw2_win32_net_shared.vcproj
    - let 2005 convert the file

- in tools/options add the following to the VC++ Directories:

   Include Files:
   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\mfc
   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\atl
   yourinstallpath\libecwj2-3.3\Source\include

   Library Files:
   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib
   yourinstallpath\libecwj2-3.3\lib

-jeff