[FWTools] fwtools and python 2.5, what's needed?

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Feb 8 17:42:06 EST 2008

Hi Frank,

I understand you are generally reluctant to futz about with the work of
changing fwtools to use a newer version of python, that your main
interest is in gdal/ogr while fwtools is a back burner automated build
thing. What would be required for you to decide that changing to python
2.5 is worth it? Are there things others could do that will help you to
that point?

I ask because the itch that my two favourite python programs, fwtools
and ipython, cannot live on the same python planet is getting
increasingly bothersome and I'd like to do something about it. :)

cheers,

--
matt wilkie
Geographic Information,