[FWTools] gdal2tiles.py transparent png

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:06:12 EST 2008

Hi all,
I have been having some fun testing the gdal2tiles utility.  I have
specifically been using the output in google earth.  The problem that
I have found is that although my source png has a transparency the
resulting tiles/kml structure does not support transparency.  It looks
as though the utility has no difficulty creating the transparent png
files but the kml overlaps the GroundOverlays with resulting in a
opaque image.  Would it be possible to use the <minLod> <maxLod> tags
to control this behavior?
--
Travis K.

Toronto, Canada