[FWTools] OGR2OGR MULTIPOLYGON verses outer and inner rings

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 7 13:56:41 EST 2008

David R Robison wrote:
> Or does the shapefile logic need to go into the code that loads the
> PostGIS tables? TNX David
>
> David R Robison wrote:
>> That seems to work OK, but it truncates my long field names. Any
>> thought on how difficult it would be to make the personal geo database
>> use the same "logic" as the shapefile reader? TNX David

David,

The correct solution (IMHO) is to put the logic in the personal geodatabase
reader.  Please file a ticket to this effect.  You should also reference ticket
#1217 which discusses the issue in reference to shapefiles.

Ideally I'd like to defer this work a few weeks till Mateusz is available to
do it, so you should not anticipate an immediate fix in the pgeo driver.