[FWTools] truetype on Linux

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 14:34:09 EDT 2008

I am playing with FW Tools on Linux. I get an error from mapserv:

loadlabel(): Unknown identifier. Keyword FOLLOW is not valid without
TrueType font support and GD version 2.0.29 or higher.

Both of the Linux systems that I've tried have Freetype and a recent
GD. (I've built mapserver from source on both systems, and the map
file generating the error works fine).

So I am guessing that the FW Tools mapserv is built statically and
without Truetype/Freetype support, and that it can not see the lib's
installed on the system. This is not a show stopper for me, but I am
curious, so if anyone could take a minute and explain it I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rich

--