[FWTools] converting tiff + tfw files to Geotif

rgerla rgerla at respond.nl
Mon Mar 17 08:56:39 EDT 2008

Hello Frank
When using the command:

gdal_translate in.tif out.tif -a_srs '+proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=WGS84'

I get the following error: Failed to process SRS definition: '+proj=utm
Using : geotifcp -e abc.tfw abc.tif geo_abc.tif The system seems to create a
geotiff, but the application I need it for reports : 'The map does not
appear to have any projection information.'

The maps and the corresponding tfw files might be in a special dutch
coordinate system called RD-coordinates, but I'm not sure about that.

And how can I combine the separate geo maps to one big map?

Greetings,

Rudy