[FWTools] Problem with the GetGCPCount of GDAL wrongly returning 0for a JPG file

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Fri Nov 21 07:06:26 EST 2008

Thanks for your help, Frank.

I think the problem was simply that we are using version 1.5.2 of GDAL.
The support for TAB-files in the JPEG driver will be included in 1.6.0,
as is mentioned on http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/1.6.0-News (Fix #682).

I should have checked that earlier, but gdalinfo could read my JPEG-file
(and its TAB-file) in FWTools version 2.2.1, and the latest FWTools is 2.2.8,
so I thought that the TAB-file support for JPEG was old stuff in GDAL.

I still don't see how gdalinfo works.  But I have finally figured out
that I can use OGR on the TAB-file instead of GDAL on the JPEG-file,
so that should solve my problems.  (But it is good to know that
we haven't used GDAL in a wrong way, as I thought).

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta AB
Box 11354
SE-404 28 Göteborg