[FWTools] GDAL2Tiles missing in FWtools linux

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 11:30:44 EDT 2008

Hi Rengifo,

Yes, you can download the script directly from
http://www.klokan.cz/projects/gdal2tiles/gdal2tiles.py and place it in your
FWTools/bin directory.  You will need to also make an entry for it in
FWTools/bin_safe, which is most easily done by copying an existing python
script's entry, such as gdal_merge.py - "cp FWTools/bin_safe/gdal_merge.py
FWTools/bin_safe/gdal2tiles.py".  Finally, be sure to make the
FWTools/bin/gdal2tiles.py executable.

This seems to work really well, so good luck with your project.

Roger