[FWTools] geoRSS

Payne Denis Denis.Payne at cambridgeshire.gov.uk
Wed Apr 29 02:50:10 EST 2009

I'm a new user of FWtools and I'm creating a geoRSS file from MapInfo
source.

The following does what I want:

ogr2ogr -f "GeoRSS" test.rss test.tab -t_srs EPSG:4326

But I get error messages as follows:

ERROR 6: Field of name 'Name' is not supported in RSS schema. Use
USE_EXTENSIONS
 creation option to allow use of extensions.
ERROR 6: Field of name 'Type' is not supported in RSS schema. Use
USE_EXTENSIONS
 creation option to allow use of extensions.
ERROR 6: Field of name 'URL' is not supported in RSS schema. Use
USE_EXTENSIONS
creation option to allow use of extensions.

How do I "USE_EXTENSIONS"? Where can I find the RSS schema?

Many thanks!

Denis

Denis W Payne
GIS Manager
Cambridgeshire County Council
01223 699676

The information in this email is confidential and  may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email by mistake please  notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily  represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues.