[FWTools] ogr2ogr projection problem

mweaver mikey.weaver at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 02:18:06 EST 2009

following on from:

I don't seem to be able to convert any ESRI shapefile to Mapinfo without the
projection being overridden to WGS84. (the -a_srs / -t_srs / -s_srs flags
appear to have little effect)

Is it possible to maintain/project into MGA94 (zone 50)?

Ok after having a bit of a poke around, it looks like (and I am happy to be
corrected) ogr2ogr uses the file "gcs.csv" to get the information for
This file does have an entry for MGA/GDA94 (?) but I have no idea why it is
changing/assuming the projection to be WGS84

any help?

Sent from the FWTools mailing list archive at Nabble.com.