[FWTools] FW Tools

mweaver mikey.weaver at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:02:44 EST 2009

Hi Chris,

I don't know if this is any help;
If you start the FWTools shell in windows you can run all of the tools.
you just need to use the commands.
For example, I have the set of files that form an ESRI Shape file named
"CoastLines.shp".
These files are in a folder named "CoastLines" in my "My Documents" folder
My windows username is "user1".

(This is copied from my "FWTools Shell" window)
C:\Program Files\FWTools2.4.2> ogrinfo C:\Documents and Settings\user1\My
Documents\CoastLines

this command returned the output:

INFO: Open of 'CoastLines'
      using driver 'ESRI Shapefile' successful.
1: CoastLines (Polygon)

This indicates that I have a layer, or file called CoastLines.shp in the
folder named CoastLines.

Mike.