[FWTools] Contents of 2.0.6 (Linux)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 18 19:09:03 EST 2009

Curt du Laney wrote:
> All,
>
> Other than the README.1ST file, is there any way to determine the set of
> tools that are included with a release of FWTools?

Curt,

You could ask politely and I could try to figure it out.

> In particular I am looking for what version of GTK and PyGTK are
> included with FWTools 2.0.6.  I had assumed that FWTools 2.x.x would be
> based on OpenEV 2 and hence use GTK2 and PyGTK2.  Is that an incorrect
> assumption?

That would be a very incorrect assumption.  The FWTools version number is
not related to the version of any of the component software, and I am
not using OpenEV 2 which I've never succeeded in build (though I haven't
honestly tried for a while).

>  From what I can tell looking at the included version of GTK and PyGTK,
> version 2.0.6 has not been updated to GTK2.  I am basing this statement
> on starting the included version of Python (2.2.1), importing gtk and
> examining the available modules, functions, etc.  They appear to be
> unchanged from older versions.

Right