[FWTools] FWTools - ogr2ogr

Clark, Nick J (UK) Nick.J.Clark at baesystems.com
Thu Jun 11 10:44:54 EST 2009

Could someone tell me what version of ogr2ogr (gdal) is in the current
build (2.3.0) of FWTools for Windows.

I downloaded the latest source code for gdal (1.6.1), built it and
replaced the ogr2ogr executable in my FWTools installation with the new
one, but when I try to run it I get an error dialogue box with the
following text.

"This application has failed to start because gdal16.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Could someone please advise me if I'm using the wrong version of gdal or
if not what else I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks
Nick Clark