[FWTools] openev failure

Yasha Karant ykarant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:55:35 EST 2009

Your suggestion worked fine.  I just installed the same tar.gz to my
office workstation (same Centos as my laptop), ran install.sh as root,
issued your command from a terminal application under Xwindows,
everything worked.  I disposed a copy to my printer, worked fine.
Note that the printer interface is not CUPS, but rather a fork/exec of a
lpr command -- thus I would manually have to modify the lpr command
in the openev print dialog box to use other than the default printer
(e.g., a networked color laser printer, my desktop unit being a
monochrome laser printer).

A question:

the standard eog, etc., linux utilities view/print the major of imaging
formats, but not yet JPEG2000.  Are there other such formats that
FWTools handle
that are not handled by the "standard" utilities?

Thanks,

Yasha Karant
ykarant at gmail.com