[FWTools] proj_i, proj_fw.dll, proj.dll

robin_w robin.watson at ngu.no
Fri Oct 9 02:48:15 EST 2009

Hi,

In recent FW tools windows packages (e.g. FWTools 2.2.8, FWTools 2.4.4) ,
the proj stub file  (proj_i.lib) which I link against refers to proj_fw.dll,
but the dll provided in the package is proj.dll.

By renaming proj.dll to proj_fw.dll, everything appears to work ok.

Is this just a case of the proj_i.lib not having been updated to reflect a
name change to the .dll?

Or is there a reason why the stub file refers to a different dll than that
in the distribution?

Apologies if this has been addressed before - I haven't found anything
addressing this in this forum, although I have come across references
outside the FWTools list to people who have done the same as me, i.e. rename
the dll.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Regards,
Robin Watson.