[FWTools] FWTools3 Experiment

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Sat Dec 18 12:32:18 EST 2010

Ubuntu 8.04 32 bit installs fine.

gdalinfo works fine.

Are python tools like rgb2pct.py suppose to work from the command line?
 For me, it doesn't seem to work when just typing it on the command
line.  locate rgb2pct.py doesn't find anything either.

Best Regards, Eli

Le samedi 18 décembre 2010 08:05:47, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :

> New packages at:
>
>    http://home.gdal.org/fwtools/FWTools-linux-i686-3.0.1.tar.gz
>    http://home.gdal.org/fwtools/FWTools-linux-x86_64-3.0.1.tar.gz
>
> Best regards,

I've done new tests with the new packages :

* CentOS 4.7 32bit : no way to make it work. FWTools requires glibc
2.5,
whereas CentOS 4 only ships with glibc 2.3

* Mandriva 2009.1 32 bit : OK. Except an error message while loading
the
python interpreter without any argument. It tries to load the readline
module
which fails, but this doesn't prevent later loading and running of GDAL
python
bindings

* OpenSUSE 11.1 32 bit : OK

* Debian Lenny 32 bit : OK. I've noticed that it used an older
installation of
/usr/lib/ogdi/libvrf.so instead of the one in
$FWTOOLS_ROOT/usr/lib/ogdi.

Best regards,

Even