[FWTools] Converting Oracle Spatial to Esri Shapefile with ogr2ogr

Gary Look garylook at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:48:57 EST 2010

Hello,

I want to convert a table in an Oracle Spatial DB to an Esri shapefile.  Can
someone point me to an example of how to do this with the ogr2ogr tool?

Does support for Oracle Spatial come out-of-the-box with the fwtools suite?
I ask because when I run ogr2ogr, I think I specify the datasource as
OCI:<username>/<password>. However, doing this gives me an error message
saying that ogr2ogr cannot find an OCI driver.

Thank you,

Gary