[FWTools] Fwtools recent build for Linux

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 5 08:49:05 EST 2010

web wrote:
> Hello list,
> I've tried fwtools 2.0.6 for Linux and it works also great on 64bits
> Centos 4. I was wondering if there was a more recent build because this
> one doesn't support -progress in ogr2ogr like in 2.4.7.
>
> Is there somehow a more recent pacckage for Linux?

Web,

I'm sorry, but I discontinued builds of FWTools for linux when my old linux
build machine failed.  It is difficult to assemble the old components (like
GTK1 stuff) again and part of the appeal of the builds was that they worked
on a variety of systems because it was built on a very old system.

I would like to restart this at some point but it is fairly low priority
(for me).