[FWTools] gdal_translate tiff 2 HFA (erdas imagine)

Matt Hanneman matt at globalforestwatch.ca
Tue Oct 19 16:21:07 EST 2010

  I am recently upgraded to FWtools v2.4.7 with OpenEV 1.8 on windows 7
64bit OS.

I have a python script that batch stacks Landsat bands from geotif to
erdas imagine file (HFA) (bands 1-5 and 7). It also translates (using
GDAL_translate) the thermal band 6 from tiff to HFA.  However since
upgrading, the translated image is not recognized by either ArcMap or
ERDAS Imagine.  I also tried exporting the tiff image using OpenEV 1.8,
but it gives me the same problem. I can open the resulting .img file in
OpenEV but it doe not open in ArcMap or ERDAS Imagine. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

--