[FWTools] FWtools to create shapes.txt from a shapefile?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 23 11:22:04 EST 2011

Karel,

I do not believe ogr2ogr can produce this directly.  But you could write a
python script to produce this format from a shapefile.  I looked around for
a decent example script to start with but I failed to find one.  The
load2odbc.py and vec_tr.py script might prove useful as samples.

Note that FWTools 2.x and earlier ship with the "old" python bindings
which are not as fully featured as the new python bindings and so
the sample scripts might not work properly.  I would encourage you
to use OSGeo4W if you want to do GDAL/OGR Python scripting
instead of FWTools.

Best regards,
Frank