[FWTools] [gdal-dev] Re: BigTiff problem in experimental FWTools3

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue May 17 15:29:23 EST 2011

Selon Petteri Packalen <packalen at cs.joensuu.fi>:

Yes, that's a very likely reason. When COMPRESS != NONE is specified, the driver
has no way to know if the file will be a regular tiff or a bigtiff, so it
chooses regular tiff. For your case, if you are in position to build GDAL by
yourself, you can try changing the following line in rasterfill.cpp

static const char *apszOptions[] = { "COMPRESS=LZW", NULL };

into

static const char *apszOptions[] = { "COMPRESS=LZW", "BIGTIFF=YES", NULL };