[FWTools] Dependency on openssl?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Aug 20 10:25:07 EST 2012

Selon Karl Meissner <kmeissner at metavr.com>:

Note that the FWTools binary distribution has not been updated since a long
time. You might better look at
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries for more recent
versions.

As far as including GDAL in commercial products, there's no problem. You must be
careful of the terms of the potential dependency libraries though (which may
vary from one binary distribution to another one, depending on how they have
been built). So you might have to do a more minimalistic build if you don't need
some dependencies whose licence doesn't fit your purpose.

As far as the openssl dependency, I guess this must comes from libcurl, which is
the library which is used to download data for the WMS and WCS GDAL drivers.

If you need just to read&write shapefiles, you can download the GDAL/OGR sources
( http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadSource ) and build it directly with
MSVC ( http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows ). There's no external
dependency needed. This is just a matter of running "nmake /f makefile.vc" from
the top of the source tree.

<http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr__api_8h.html#ae904632d0bc86ba5501921ca594e18da>();